240SX Fresno
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How come my car turns on but idles then dies

3 posters

Go down

How come my car turns on but idles then dies Empty How come my car turns on but idles then dies

Post  THELILRED240SX Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:04 pm

When i turn my car on it idles and dies but if i turn it on again abd rev it couple timea it stays on and goes back to nornal.but why does it die on me?last week it turn on but died if the idleing and my friend help me push start it and it turn on.any ideas?
THELILRED240SX
THELILRED240SX

Back to top Go down

How come my car turns on but idles then dies Empty Re: How come my car turns on but idles then dies

Post  Thrilla559 Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:56 pm

Maybe fuel filter or worse.... fuel pump. When you turn it on does it idle hella rough and then die?
Thrilla559
Thrilla559

Back to top Go down

How come my car turns on but idles then dies Empty Re: How come my car turns on but idles then dies

Post  StryfeS13 Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:32 am

Unplug the maf when the car is on and see if it makes a difference. Also try to rev it past 3K with the maf disconnected and if it revs fine then your maf is bad
StryfeS13
StryfeS13

https://fresno240sx.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum