240SX Fresno
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, you think your car is totalled?

2 posters

Go down

So, you think your car is totalled? Empty So, you think your car is totalled?

Post  onevia drift Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:57 pm

Ok so the here's the story. A friend of mine let his cousin borrow his car to go to LA. On the waydown there he was in an accident..... He ran into/under the back of a semi trailer.. Fun stuff.... so they towed the car back and just so happened to call me and see if i could fix it.

Here's what i did =)

1) Took a pic of the car, looked at frame rail damage, engine damage, etc.
So, you think your car is totalled? IMAG0106-1

* As you can tell... It's pretty FUBAR.... lol... The hood is done, passenger fender is screwed, the bumper is sol, and under the hood the radiator, rad. support, and passenger fender well were all kinds of crinkled. I looked at the motor to see if there was any damage. from looking at it without taking anything off, all i noticed was a broke clutch fan.

2) Started taking stuff off the car
So, you think your car is totalled? IMAG0108

* fun stuff.. i removed almost everything i could without leaking any fluids.

3) start cutting and drilling out oem spot welds.
So, you think your car is totalled? IMAG0111

* I worked my way from the driver side to the passenger side cutting and drilling out anything that i thought needed to be replaced. Once i got to the passenger side I was tired of drilling out the 1000 spot welds that held the car together... so i cut it off with a Sawzall, planning on going back later and drilling out what i had left intact still. While cutting and removing sheet metal i unclipped many plugs and moved the chassis harness so i wouldnt cut it.

4) Cut out the passenger fender well. But leaving enough metal left to come back and drill out the spot welds later.
So, you think your car is totalled? IMAG0074

Then i took a pic of the entire front end cut off
So, you think your car is totalled? IMAG0075

5) Then i cut off the front end of the donor shell. I maded sure to cut off too much so i can go back and trim off what i didnt need.
So, you think your car is totalled? IMAG0076

6) I then cut off any excess metal off the donor front end and i drilled out the spot welds so i can line it all up piece by piece.
So, you think your car is totalled? IMAG0077

7) Once it was pretty good and straight i started bolting up the hood, fenders, headlights, and bumper
****BEFORE DOING ANY WELDING****... Just in cae some things had to be moved around a little bit.
So, you think your car is totalled? IMAG0139

Cool Then, once it was all pretty well set in place...... I started welding =)
When i got done, I ended up with this.
So, you think your car is totalled? IMAG0142
So, you think your car is totalled? IMAG0145

It took me a while but once it was done i was pretty happy =)
onevia drift
onevia drift
tuckin' rim

Back to top Go down

So, you think your car is totalled? Empty Re: So, you think your car is totalled?

Post  Mig20 Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:12 pm

Sweet turned out really good...is that a 180sx bumper..?
Mig20
Mig20

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum